A customized Web EDI solution from EDITEL makes orders easier to track
Hi-Lex, an automotive supplier, works with approximately 60 different suppliers at its Hungarian manufacturing plant. With many of these suppliers, Hi-Lex has long-term agreements for recurring delivery volumes and the same product, while other suppliers receive only one-off orders. In an effort to keep a good overview and to quickly and easily identify delivery volumes for specific suppliers, Hi-Lex wanted to find a transparent and controllable option for its supply chain.
To achieve just that, EDITEL has developed a customized Web EDI solution which makes it possible, among many other things, to differentiate between long-term suppliers and one-off orders, relying on specific message types. This makes orders easier to track and it also allows the company to handle long-term and one-off suppliers differently, e.g. when it comes to payment terms and contractual specifications.
- Introduced a transparent tool to control supply chain processes
- Developed a customized Web EDI solution
- Implemented message formats:
- Delivery schedule messages (DELFOR)
- Orders (ORDERS)
- Purchase order responses (ORDRSP)
- Despatch advices (DESADV)
- Makes orders easier to track
- Allows the user to handle long-term and one-off suppliers differently
- Makes financial planning more efficient