Alpine Electronics will increasingly rely on the advantages of EDI when working with its suppliers
Speeding up order processing, improving data quality, having straightforward and reliable data–these are just some of the many good reasons why Alpine Electronics will increasingly rely on EDI when working with its suppliers in the future. At the Hungarian location of Alpine Electronics, the company has started exchanging messages with approximately 20 suppliers. These messages include orders (ORDERS), despatch advices (DESADV)and inventory reports (INVRPT).
Our goal is to have all supplier processes performed electronically. Eva Varga-Borsath, Logistics Specialist at Alpine Electronics Hungary
To reach that goal, Alpine Electronics has launched an initiative informing its suppliers about EDI and encouraging them to use it. These efforts started at the annual conference in July 2017, which focused, among others, on EDIand its major potential for productivity increase. EDITEL assists Alpine by sharing its expertise and ensuring that additional suppliers are added to the system without a hitch.
- Alpine launched an initiative to share information about EDI and its many advantages when working with its suppliers.
- Major benefits include:
- Decreases transaction costs for logistics-related processes
- Improves data quality
- Speeds up order processing
- Increases transparency and traceability
- The objective: connecting all suppliers to EDI