EDI e-Invoicing with Škoda Auto
To reduce the paperwork and improve cooperation with its suppliers, the Czech automobile manufacturer ŠKODA AUTO has extend the use of EDI e-Invoicing.
Suppliers can use the following options to communicate with Škoda Auto.
Automated EDI solution:
- Once exported from the supplier’s ERP, the invoice can be converted into a format supported by Škoda Auto (VDA4938 – Global INVOIC). The detailed format description can be downloaded here. The resulting document can be then transmitted via OFTP2 protocol to Škoda Auto servers. Communication parameters can be downloaded here.
- Invoices with attachments can also be transferred automatically – see the VDA4983 container description here for further details.
- If your company does not have tools for converting invoices into the format required by Škod(VDA4938 – Global INVOIC), does not support the alternative of invoices with attachments (VDA4983) andtools for automatic invoice sending via OFTP2 protocol, do not hesitate to contact our team of experts who will be happy to help with this issue.
Web EDI e-Invoicing solution – WebFakt:
- The WebFakt application allows suppliers to manually import the invoices and subsequently send them electronically.
- Once the invoice was generated in the supplier ‘s ERP system, the document has to be converted into a format supported by Škoda such as VDA4938 – Global INVOIC (see description here) or Škoda XML (see description here).
- The application is free of charge for suppliers; all they have to do is sign up. Further information about the registration is available here. The WebFakt solution also allows users to add one attachment in PDF format to the invoice. If you need any help with WebFact input, feel free to contact our experts.
About Škoda Auto
The first vehicle left their factory in Mladá Boleslav in 1905 and millions of others have followed it throughout the company’s more than 120 years of existence. The company’s registered office and automobile development department have remained in the company’s home town, but production has also spread to many other places, cities and countries over time. Mladá Boleslav is a hive of technical development. A place where models are crafted and put into full-scale production. The city hosting the company´s production facilities is also home to its headquarters. Company ŠKODA AUTO currently manufactures the FABIA, KAMIQ, SCALA, KAROQ, OCTAVIA and ENYAQ iV models here. Kvasiny this plant is the baby in ŠKODA´s family of production facilities in the Czech Republic. Vrchlábí since 2012 has been turning out highly sophisticated DSG automatic gearboxes for the entire VW Group. In recent years, manufacturing operations have been expanded on other markets, such as China, Germany, India, Slovakia and Ukraine.
Symbolic image copyright iStock Emirhan Karamuk